Saturday, May 13, 2006

Don't fuck the Prime Derective

Today I woke up with strongest of urges to watch nothing but Star Trek, more specifically the original series. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of bling-bling dollar bills to buy the complete three seasons of the orginal show. But, I am a college student with a high speed internet connection... meaning earlier this week I was able to contact one of many fellow sci fi enthusisiasts here at UCLA, via the interweb, to borrow his legally obtained Star Trek TNG seasons 1, 2, and 3 DVDs. Because as a college student I am well informed about the dangers of internet piracy, and respect the companies right to charge exorbent prices for something that was designed to be free.
Now that that little discalaimer is out of the way, I was able to watch everything from Encounter at Farpoint (an absolute classic, has a good novelization too) to 11001001 (a new personal favorite by the way) today, rather than working on a term paper that's due incredibly soon. I had seriously forgotten how great these early episodes were, when the cast was just getting the feel of realizing that the rest of their lives would be spent signing autographs with names like 'La Forge' and 'Mr. Worf'. Plus it had Riker before he got well... um, bigger and hairier. Not to be confused with this man tho.
But the again their are those who enjoy a brave, thick, hirsuit man. (But you are right about that scene in from the finale of The Office)

So I spent most of this Saturday watching Star Trek: The Next Generation alone in my room, went to the gym where I watched The Princess Bride on an excercise bike, and am now going down to a buddies place to watch Rath of Kahn and Search For Spock... and yet I still ask myself why I don't have a girlfriend...

IT'S AMOK TIME!
(with generous portions of Shatner chest!, also granted he is a Doctor, but McCoy's sheer lack of emotions at watching his two best friends battle to the death is just well, unsettling)

Now if that's how we humans got women... i'd still probably still be a lonely loser, but we can all learn from this advanced race of space elves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Dude, I've been renting a lot of those DVDs that have two episodes per disc of TOS. Dig that epsiode "Mirror, Mirror" which has evil Spock with a goatee. Also, "Charlie X" is a nutty first season episode that's full of sex, singing and (of course) shirtless Shat.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home