Monday, July 24, 2006

A post in which you probably had to be there to be funny.

Here's my favorite story from comic con, better than being yelled at by a homeless crack addict, better than having an all night discussion with a soon-to-be doctor studying comic book society, even better than being mistaken for a male prostitute.

Saturday night my friends and I decided to have dinner at the Outdoor mall at San Diego, i think they all got their dinners from some Philly Cheese Steak place, I went to a Seafood flavored restaurant to get a salad. Yes, a salad. Anyway as I was waiting in line a elderly woman came into the restaurant and had the following conversation with the clerk and I.

Clerk: Hello, what can I get for you today?
Woman: I would like the fish and chips please. But no bun this time.
C: Excuse me ma'am?
W: I do not want a bun on the fish and chips. Last time it was in a bun.
C: The fish and chips don't come in a bun, they are independent of one.
W:Alright, just make mine without a bun this time.
C: Ma'am i would have no inclination to put your order of fish and chips within a bun.
W: That's good, because i don't want it in a bun. I want it bunless. Fish and chips shouldn't come inside a bun, isn't that right young man?
Kid Chris: Uh... no, I suppose not.
W: See, no bun.
C: I wasn't going to make it with a bun.
KC: I don't think it comes it bunform.
W: Well it has, i don't want it happening again.
C: I sincerly doubt it will ma'am.
W: You should get the fish and chips, they're very good without a bun.
KC: I ordered the salad with assorted vegetables.
W: Oh.
(minutes later)
C: Here's your fish and chips.
W: Does it have a bun?
There is a pause and the clerk looks me right in the eyes with the woman no more than 4 feet away from me.

C: Never get old.

It made me happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home